For reasons of security, The Space, and indeed Barnwell Farm as a whole, is covered by CCTV. This includes ANPR (automatic number plate recognition).
All the data we collect on visitors, whether from cameras or otherwise, is kept securely and is handled in strict accordance with the GDPR (the General Data Protection Regulation— this regime has not been affected by the UK’s departure from the EU, though the GDPR has to be read in conjunction wih the Data Protection Act 2018 and other UK legislation). In practice, the data gathered in this way are simply destroyed after a short interval, since it is only in exceptional circumstances (for example, an accident or a criminal offence) that we need to refer to them.
The rights of “data subjects” under the GDPR are, in summary:
- The right to access their personal data
- The right to have inaccuracies in their personal data corrected
- The right to have their personal data erased
- The right to object to direct marketing based upon their personal data
- The right to restrict the processing (including automated decision-making) of their personal data
- The right to data portability for their personal data
We don’t send out “spam” emails. We don’t share personal data with third parties unless we have clear and specific authority to do so.